This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Zone brake switch

Hey, just thought I would pass this info along. I just replaced the rear brake switch on my 75 FLH (had to stand on the pedal to get it to work). I found a low pressure switch at Auto Zone that works great!!! Barely have to push on the pedal to get it to work. Part #RB401 (for a 1970 VW Beetle LOL). Best part is it's only $7.99.

That sounds like it's worth a try to me. Every other one I've used lasts a month or so and fails. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by 1975FLH
      Hey, just thought I would pass this info along. I just replaced the rear brake switch on my 75 FLH (had to stand on the pedal to get it to work). I found a low pressure switch at Auto Zone that works great!!! Barely have to push on the pedal to get it to work. Part #RB401 (for a 1970 VW Beetle LOL). Best part is it's only $7.99.
      There's irony... a bike from a company that supplied the Army in the fight against Germany uses replacement parts for a car built in Germany.

Whatever works.
      Better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.

www.bikerradiomagazine.com

Comment

Thats info we can all use, rear wheel cylinder for 67-72 flh is also the same as a early 60s Jeep, NAPA dude matched one up for me, most of us know about 65 Chevy points and condensor working in shovels, anyone else know of money saving tips? Spike
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by shoveled71
          Thats info we can all use, rear wheel cylinder for 67-72 flh is also the same as a early 60s Jeep, NAPA dude matched one up for me, most of us know about 65 Chevy points and condensor working in shovels, anyone else know of money saving tips? Spike
          Early Jeep? Heck, I was running a late model drum on my Knuck and one day I spent a LONG time digging through the parts books at my friends auto shop...finally matched up the wheel cylinder...which would be the exact same as the one you're referring too, but the auto specification that I matched it up to was something like the left front wheel on a '57 Hudson Jet!!! No joke! Try asking for one of those and see what kind of looks you get!!
          IT'S TOO LATE - WE'RE FUCKED! But at least I'm FREE!!

Comment

To be honest, I was shocked that they had the damn thing in stock. I expected the counter dork to say "we'll have to order it". We'll see how long it lasts. I figured for $7.99 I couldn't lose.

Comment

the old 65 Chevy Wheel bearings Cross over to Neck Bearings for a shovelhead .....well a 76 anyways

The Gas Cap on the Chevy will work on a Shovel also

Write your Rep's

Comment

Tanks Pal

Originally posted by 1975FLH
                To be honest, I was shocked that they had the damn thing in stock. I expected the counter dork to say "we'll have to order it". We'll see how long it lasts. I figured for $7.99 I couldn't lose.
                Thanks for the tip ... ordered one on-line as they weren't carried in stock near me. I can wait ... thanks again.

Hey wydglide .... was that a 65 Chevy gas cap that fits .... double checking. Thanks bro.
                Last edited by Littlebagger; 10-26-2007, 05:05 PM.

Littlebagger (Lloyd)
                http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=48b7bc38.pbr

Soylent Green is People

Comment

yep try one off a old pickup truck........reason i know is i lost mine one day going to work had to snag off a work truck on the job until i got another one.......hehehehe!

Write your Rep's

Comment

break switch

Installed a 1970 VW break switch on my 76FLH today. Works geat. THANKS.

Comment

Nice to know about the VW switch. The good news is any parts store should cary the same part. Auto Zone pissed me off a few months back and I called corporate to get resolution. They said I would receive a call shortly. Never did. So, I have vowed to never give them another dime. I've been a customer of theirs since they were Auto Shack. Their corporate headquarters are here, in my home town, and I refuse to put my money into my local economy through them because they suck that much.
                      In my defense, I bought it used & for 10ยข more they would have sold me an orange one w/ chrome.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...ketcollage.jpg
                      My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake. - Aristotle

Comment

I know, I had to complain about our Auto Zone before too. Cream of the crop working there!!! They put in an Advance Auto down the street about a year ago, and this was the first time I had been in Auto Zone since. They only reason I was in there is they had the switch in stock and Advance didn't.

Comment

Got my swingarm races and bearings at o'riellys,he told me there the same thing a 97 ford ranger uses for the front

Comment

Been using VW brake switch for years, thoght it was common knowledge?!....................................... ...OG
                            Oregon George
                            SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL JOCKEY SHIFTERS!

Comment

maybe sume more general knowlage.....early 60's chevy 6 cyl. points work great for older shovels, at least up to a 79
                              97fxdwg

Comment

Working...
                              X