This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autozone brake light switch RB401

Picked up one of those switches today. Gonna put it in tomorrow, it also fits my '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. the alternate p/n is SLS-60, and has a lifetime warranty. Cost: $8.39 in stock.

Only difference is the oem has screw in terminals, replacement has spade terminals. Easy fix.

To make it easy I'm removing the exhaust and the tranny bracket that's in the way. Think I'll put my old staggered duals back on for a while, they have a louder bark than the system on now.
    This bike was mine
    We are not alone.
    Enjoy this life, the next one might just suck big hairy donkey balls.

Comment

put one of the vw low pressure brake light switches on my sled,,,still have to stand on brake pedal to get brake lights,,,,,what gives ???

Comment

I'm thinking you have either a master cylinder or brake line issue....
        Turn a page before you turn a wrench!

Harley parts that I've made: http://goo.gl/D2XDV7

My past and present Harley's: http://goo.gl/SBpSYG

Comment

Originally posted by gabe s View Post
          put one of the vw low pressure brake light switches on my sled,,,still have to stand on brake pedal to get brake lights,,,,,what gives ???
          I barely touch the pedal and the light comes on. I agree with ChengDave, sounds like a restriction or a collapsed line somewhere.
          This bike was mine
          We are not alone.
          Enjoy this life, the next one might just suck big hairy donkey balls.

Comment

brake light switch

I found my brake light switch leaking on Sunday.

Posted a question about it and received this reply by chengdave2003

Available at:

Auto Zone #RB401
            Niehoff part #SLl30071
            Car Quest part #58214
            Advance Auto Parts #201-1087

This place is the best....
            1977 FLH. Sixty over. S&S E, Built from basket, not exactly original.

Comment

I've bled the rear brake on my FLH at least ten times over the last couple of months. It would pump up and work, and then the next ride I would have nothing--pedal to the floorboard and no brakes. The other day while bleeding it again I noticed a drip on the brake switch, so I figured I would try replacing the switch. I went to the local AutoZone with the part number, and the manager didn't even have to look it up, just went straight to the shelf, handed me the box and went off to do something else. I looked at the box which was marked PS401. Whoops, wrong switch. Then a young girl came over to help, and after:

A. Telling me they didn't have one.
              B. Telling me there was no such part number.
              C. The obligatory "What's it going on?"
              D. Me pointing out the computer screen which showed that RB401 did indeed exist and was indeed in stock.

I finally had the new and correct switch in my hand.

I replaced the switch this morning (which took less time than buying it), and bled the brake. It works! I checked it again a few hours later and the pedal was still firm.
              Maybe it was sucking in air through the switch?
              Last edited by grw800; 04-28-2016, 05:59 PM.
              Original owner 1982 FLH Electra Glide Classic

Comment

Add this part # for NAPA MPE SL147SB. 9 bucks!

Stuff I do...
                http://bigjohnsshop.blogspot.com/ and http://flatbackleather.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1975FLH View Post
                  Hey, just thought I would pass this info along. I just replaced the rear brake switch on my 75 FLH (had to stand on the pedal to get it to work). I found a low pressure switch at Auto Zone that works great!!! Barely have to push on the pedal to get it to work. Part #RB401 (for a 1970 VW Beetle LOL). Best part is it's only $7.99.
                  Just called about this part and now its special order an cost 18.99.gonna have to get one another at source.

Comment

Originally posted by 1975FLH View Post
                    Hey, just thought I would pass this info along. I just replaced the rear brake switch on my 75 FLH (had to stand on the pedal to get it to work). I found a low pressure switch at Auto Zone that works great!!! Barely have to push on the pedal to get it to work. Part #RB401 (for a 1970 VW Beetle LOL). Best part is it's only $7.99.
                    Just called about this part and now its special order an cost 18.99.gonna have to get one at another source.

Comment

12$ now
                      YOUR NUMBER ONE Millstadt Illinois the fucked STATE.

Comment

Working...
                      X