Brake Conversion For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Conversion For Sale

I've made up some hangers for Busa six pot calipers that work on 41mmSoftail/Dyna forks like mine. These are for running 11 1/2" rotors.

Here's a pic of the 11 1/2" rotors I used to run.

These hangers have a smoother profile than the first ones, but no radius edges or speedholes. No lines, because there are so many options for them.I'm asking $300 for this setup. You need to supply your own choice of hardware(nuts and bolts), and if you want them radiused, or with speedholes or whatever, it's another 50 bucks.

Bill
    sigpic

Nice work Bill !

Comment

Originally posted by h.d.ryder View Post
      Nice work Bill !
      Thanks. These have organic pads in them to run polished stainless rotors. If you go to the satin stainless or regular steel rotors you can run ceramic pads like on my Buell 13 1/2" rotors for less dust.

Bill
      sigpic

Comment

I posted these last night. Work on Softail/Dyna forks like mine with 11 1/2" rotors.

Bill

sigpic

Comment

if I needed brakes , id be all over that.. great job.. a bracket set up for the 10 in. rotors may do much better .. who knows.. just an option ..
          Better to be Judged by 12 Than to be Carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by dave56 View Post
            if I needed brakes , id be all over that.. great job.. a bracket set up for the 10 in. rotors may do much better .. who knows.. just an option ..
            The sharper radius of the 10" rotors doesn't match with the pad profile of the six pot pads. I could make brackets easy enough for some four pot Tokicos, but I need something to pattern from. If I can get some parts for mockup from my indie, I might start making sets for 10" rotor forks. Stay tuned.

Bill
            sigpic

Comment

I finished the profile of these with a radiused cutter. Looks a little better now. These are for Softail type lowers with 11 1/2" rotors.

Bill

Edited to add, $300, includes the radius work added, and shipping.
              Last edited by wiseguy; 10-06-2016, 10:01 AM. Reason: Addition
              sigpic

Comment

most run single disk frt. .. possibly the option on a rear bracket . would help the sell faster .. it might appeal to the custom builders .. just a thought.. you got a great deal though ..
                Better to be Judged by 12 Than to be Carried by 6

Comment

To maybe help someone, but mostly to just move these, I'll let the pair go for $200 shipped. If you don't need more than one, you can flip over the other bracket and use it to fit another fork after getting another caliper of the same side on ebay. The lower calipers in the pic are the later radial mount type. I might make a custom pair of brackets to fit these on a '84/-'99 front.

Bill

sigpic

Comment

Good work Bill, Do you still do your heavy cutting in the parkin lot at the local Home Depot? You are THEE HACKMASTER. Thanks for hangin with us.

Comment

Originally posted by bj shock View Post
                      Good work Bill, Do you still do your heavy cutting in the parkin lot at the local Home Depot? You are THEE HACKMASTER. Thanks for hangin with us.
                      I can do my heavy cutting a lot quicker with a carbide tipped skillsaw blade. Spray the blade and part with a little WD40, and the blade zips right through the stuff. The rest of the detail is done with my bandsaw and belt sander.

Bill
                      sigpic

Comment

wiseguy
                        i tried pm'ing you but it didn't work. Do you have any of these floating around still. I have one of yours but need another for a dual 11.5 disc application. I could copy your pattern but would rather put the money in your pocket if you have them.
                        sigpic
                        "The Devil and me had a falling out.......
                        Violation of contract beyond a shadow of a doubt." ~Clutch~

Comment

Originally posted by Down_jd View Post
                          wiseguy
                          i tried pm'ing you but it didn't work. Do you have any of these floating around still. I have one of yours but need another for a dual 11.5 disc application. I could copy your pattern but would rather put the money in your pocket if you have them.
                          I've got a lot of them that I had waterjetted. I got a good price for doing ten sets of them. These are radiused on one edge, so let me know what side you need. For one bracket I'll let it go for forty dollars shipped. Pm me with your addy. I haven't been on much lately because of being tied up with my model train hobby. I'll get on here a little more often and watch for your pm.

Bill
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy View Post

I've got a lot of them that I had waterjetted. I got a good price for doing ten sets of them. These are radiused on one edge, so let me know what side you need. For one bracket I'll let it go for forty dollars shipped. Pm me with your addy. I haven't been on much lately because of being tied up with my model train hobby. I'll get on here a little more often and watch for your pm.

Bill
                            Bill there's a problem with your pm box. But yeah I want one Right side. exhaust side. If you can't fix your pm box I'll send my address here if I have to. But I need yours too to mail a check. Let me know. Thanks.
                            Last edited by Down_jd; 01-23-2019, 06:53 PM.
                            sigpic
                            "The Devil and me had a falling out.......
                            Violation of contract beyond a shadow of a doubt." ~Clutch~

Comment

I had to climb up into my attic to find the calipers and hangers. Hete's a pic of a right side one on a caliper.

I don't know how to even access my pm box, so I'm just gonna put the info here. I ain't skeered.

Bill Neely
                              137 N.W. 10th Ct.
                              Boynton Beach, Fl. 33426

If you could direct me to how I can navigate into my own pm box, that would be great. That's part of the reason I haven't been here much lately. It's like walking blindfolded in here. You can call me if you want.
                              561 358 2712. That way you won't have to post your info out in the open like me...

Bill
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X