Thread size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread size?

My 78 FXE uses two of these, one at the front master cylinder and the second at the front brake T fitting. I would like to chase the external threads on these (internal threads are fine and connect nicely to the brake lines) to get at some of the chrome on the threads to ensure I get a good fit.

Parts manual just list it as #43307-78 (Tube fitting) for 77-79. Book shows #63609-72 (tube fitting) for L73-77 models and lists it as 1/8-27 NPSF.

Are thread sizes the same on both? If not thread size and correct die please?

Last edited by panz4ever; 05-25-2018, 11:13 AM.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

http://dai.ly/x71fmv

My local hardware store has one of these on a shelf on the nuts & bolts aisle. Might be worth checking into if you don't find out your answer here.

Comment

slightly different than 1/8" npt, just a tighter thread fit made for fluid applications that don't use a sealant but still real close to 1/8"npt
      Don't build no shit and there won't be no shit
      "It's not me, it's the assholes I run with"
      Let me out of my way
      1984 FLH King OF THE HIGHWAY

Comment

Originally posted by wharfrat View Post
        http://dai.ly/x71fmv

My local hardware store has one of these on a shelf on the nuts & bolts aisle. Might be worth checking into if you don't find out your answer here.

Cool idea. Have to check my local one. They might have something like that.

Originally posted by racerjim0 View Post
        slightly different than 1/8" npt, just a tighter thread fit made for fluid applications that don't use a sealant but still real close to 1/8"npt
        Tighter thread fit...that was my concern. Going into the master cylinder it was real tight and wasn't sure if its going to leak. Didn't use any sealant on the external portion, but did use the sealant on the hose end.
        Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
        Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Comment

I think the main difference with NPTF is the thread form. both the roots and crests are pointed. idea was it would jam them together on tightening and provide a leak proof seal without lubes or sealants. NPTF (fuel)

Comment

i ran into this at napa, looking at different oil lite sending units, according to them, they are interchangeable, that proved true, used 1 of each in the same pump, no issues

Comment

arse hole

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                arse hole
                No, puto.

Bill
                sigpic

Comment

ahh , Si

Comment

fuking a hole i cussed im on the taxi tire thread.......can we find these queers and waste them?i think it,s the same m fukers that robo my shop phone all day long.....i am refering to the fag up above and his other buttfuckers (stevensop) that are hacking this site........
                    Last edited by sjleandro; 09-10-2019, 01:16 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

Originally posted by sjleandro View Post
                      fuking a hole i cussed im on the taxi tire thread.......can we find these queers and waste them?i think it,s the same m fukers that robo my shop phone all day long.....
                      I get from 3 to 10 or 12 a day...I'll supply the deer slugs and buckshot. I like making a mess...
                      Not what you expect from this forum
                      Forum fucktard
                      Winner of the Asshole thread...

Comment

I actually had some girl this week tell me she knew she was a crook but I got her to tell me, and I quote, "Ewwww, you're creepy" before she hung up.
                        I am not creepy.
                        I am sick.

`````````````````*** 1975 FLH ***`````````````````````
                        ```````````*** 1962 Volkswagen type 1 ***```````````````
                        --------------------------------------------------------------
                        Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by hd74cid View Post
                          I actually had some girl this week tell me she knew she was a crook but I got her to tell me, and I quote, "Ewwww, you're creepy" before she hung up.
                          I am not creepy.
                          I am sick.
                          You seem normal enough to me...
                          Not what you expect from this forum
                          Forum fucktard
                          Winner of the Asshole thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Head View Post

I get from 3 to 10 or 12 a day...I'll supply the deer slugs and buckshot. I like making a mess...
                            i,m in!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X