Dual disc narrow glide.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual disc narrow glide.

Has anyone any knowledge of the existence of brake pad anti rattle springs for '77 up dual disc models. I have scoured the MCS catalogue to no avail.
    Thanks.

ya sure there is such a thing?

Comment

No, I am not sure hence the question.
      Thanks.

Comment

chatterin on ya, wigglin around causin noise?

stick a 1 inch peice of 3/8 hose flattened between the caliper and leg
        never hear em again..

Johnny

Comment

Hi Chaz , I cannot see anti rattle springs in the parts book . But it does show two plates , that fit behind the brake pads . Pt Nos 44158-77 inner & 44161-77 outer . Just wondering if the previous owner may have left them off . You probably have the parts manual , so know all about them .

Comment

Cheers Clive, they aren't fitted but I am going to. They are more anti squeal. This noise is more like a can half filled with loose change being shaken once. As if play is being taken up by pulling the brake.
            I will consider the flattened 3/8" hose, sounds like a good solution if all else fails which I think it might.
            Thanks.

Comment

bushings in the lower leg?

Comment

you should have the inner and outer plates...
                all of which have to do with positioning more than anti rattle
                the actual bolts(which can vary greatly in diameters) that affix the calipers and the bushings in the legs have more to do with movement(i.e. rattle) than anything
                one more important item of note is when you do change the pads, make sure they move freely into the recesses, as newer replacement pads are sometimes not sufficiently cut to offset the area.

Johnny

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyRotten View Post

never hear em again..

Johnny
                    that or i use 3/8x1/4 weather window stip , stick it to the fork leg then bolt the caliper down. never see it never hear it.
                    http://s715.photobucket.com/user/sho...003-3.jpg.html

81 fxs-96" S&S bottom- STD dual plug heads- V-thunder 4050 cam- JIMS Powerglides- S&S G with T-JET- DYNA 2000 i- BDL competitor clutch

2015 rk

Comment

Chaz , ebay.com . Pt No 44158-77 , $16-99 or offer , may not ship to U.K.

Comment

Cheers Clive, Ian Marshall can get them from MCS.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyRotten View Post

never hear em again..

Johnny
                          Also works great on front nanners to.
                          don't forget to remember

Life is like a roll of toilet paper,--The closer you get to the end the faster it goes!

The Prowler

Comment

Mine were making a racket. I checked the mounting screws and noted they had quite a bit of wear. I replaced them and got rid of most of the rattling which, for me, was good enough. Muttley rattles and clanks so much that as long as I know the noise doesn't indicate something is about to blow up or fall off I consider it part of the music.
                            1977 FXE (Muttley)
                            1981 FLT (Rus'T')
                            1998 Honda Helix
                            2004 Road King Classic

Comment

I may be a little late on this.

My NG FE had small closed cell foam pads between the caliper and the fork leg. I usually bond them to the brake calipers and let the other side "float" on the fork legs.

I got some of this stuff if you need some (you'd have to cut and customize to your application of course)...

Richard
                              Richard
                              sigpic
                              "I wouldn't like to be without either the old fashioned or the newer attitude.
                              There are too many excellent things in both schools".
                              Vincent van Gogh, 1882

Comment

Working...
                              X