will a 4 piston front brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a 4 piston front brake

clear any air bubbles out over time? Theorectally, I'm thinking it would. BUTT, is it dangerous to hope for that to happen? It has been working fine for many months now, Stops great with little effort. It is a PMI 4 pot front caliper with new PMI front master cylinder. According to the distractions that came with the m/c, it is adjustable to the owners preference. As in, it can be a "soft pull" or a "firmer pull". I may just have it adjusted it to a soft pull, who knows.
    Anyone have this experience with the PMI masters?
    sigpic

"I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then".

'58 Pan kick only jockey shift. '82 Shovel custom (built from parts). & a '75 Ironhead basket case.

Just pressure bleed it from the caliper back to the master cylinder. It should push any air right up to the top...
    My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

Yeah, I blew up my Mity-Vac (NOT impressed with that fucker) but have giant syringes and a converted oil squirter that works. I just don't have any real complaints about it like it is now. Thought I'd throw it out there..
      sigpic

'58 Pan kick only jockey shift. '82 Shovel custom (built from parts). & a '75 Ironhead basket case.

Comment

I have removed the caliper and rotated it around so the bubbles, if any, make their way to the bleeder valve which should be the highest point. I've seen some calipers where the bleeder is on the bottom, and no way I can see to get any air trapped up high without removing caliper and getting the bubbles and bleeder to the top, put a spacer between the pads and bleed normally after that. Then reinstall on bike.
        Many calipers have bleeders on both sides too. It can be a hassle if the bleeders are on the bottom. Most two sided calipers have the ability to change the bleeder positions, if you happen to have a set with the bleeders on the wrong end, sometimes not.

Comment

If the bleeders are on the bottom the calipers are on the wrong sides.

Comment

Originally posted by wilks View Post
            If the bleeders are on the bottom the calipers are on the wrong sides.

That is not always true Cliff. I have seen many calipers that have the bleeder on the top or the bottom or even on the side. I admit some of the placement is stupid but they are out there.

Cap'n D you can try using the syringe to push the fluid backwards. Then hold the lever in and just crack the bleeder open and closed. This works well if there is a little air bubble right by the bleeder. You can also punch the lever quickly a few times each day in attempt to work the air free and to the top.
            My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

It's a PMI 4 pot and bleeder is on top (normal). After a few rides it's just fine, thank you.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X