rear brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brake

Gday , im having dramas with rear brake... press light goes all the way down, no stopping... pump few times is getting pressure and will stop the bike..
    now ive replaced the brake line, bled it with normal pump and release bleeder, still the same, tryed vacuume, still the same, master cylinder has had a fresh hone, im stuck...
    cant see any fluid leaks... does have the brake light switch inline ....what the fuck do i do now....

Rebuild or replace the master cylinder.

Jim
    High Point, NC

Comment

Had the same type of problem. Rear banana needed a new O-ring seal. I figured it was worn enough to allow the piston to get slapped back into the bore while riding, but not worn enough to leak
      The primary and the secondary are on the same side.
      78 FXS 74" 4 speed, 79 FXE basket

Comment

got new master cylinder, will fit it this weekend, see how it goes

Comment

I just re-read your initial post and agree with Jim that the master will fix it. For anyone with a sagging pedal, a check on the master is to make a block off fitting and put it where the line goes. If the pedal still drops, you have a bad master. If it takes a bunch of miles and then you have no pedal without some pumps, then consider the caliper piston Oring.
          The primary and the secondary are on the same side.
          78 FXS 74" 4 speed, 79 FXE basket

Comment

Working...
          X