GMA mc rebuild kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMA mc rebuild kit

im having trouble finding a rebuild kit, seems like I'm measuring 7/8", but previously was unable to disassemble. Got the snap ring out but couldn't get the white plastic piece to come out without damaging it. The rebuild kit I'm finding at Dennis Kirk is 5/8".
    I was hoping J&P would have a couple sizes and I would return what I didn't open. The brakes work but I see a black cloud of rubber dancing inside the bowl when I press the brake, so I assume the orings are deteorating.
    An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject!
    When motorcycles are outlawed, only outlaws will have motorcycles.
    Keith

Not sure of what material should be, but supposedly NAPA has odd O-ring sizes to choose from. If the bore's ok, you might find them there?
    Not what you expect from this forum
    Forum fucktard
    Winner of the Asshole thread...

Comment

The same Napa has the Plunger Cup also... prolly need it more than the O-rings..

BTW I hydraulic the plunger out... Not air anymore as I'm not liking "missiles" in the shop...
      Even another MC plumbed to that one..Bleed it some tho....it is the Air that compresses and causes Missiles... liquid don't compress

That don't really look like one of the old ones is it newer...like after Riviera got GMA?? Or maybe I just don't recognize it... Likely!!!
      Last edited by Racepres; 04-12-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

It would take a lot for piece of o-ring to get in the bowl.
        you might want to look closely at the cover gasket
        Don't build no shit and there won't be no shit
        "It's not me, it's the assholes I run with"
        Let me out of my way
        1984 FLH King OF THE HIGHWAY

Comment

Originally posted by racerjim0 View Post
          It would take a lot for piece of o-ring to get in the bowl.
          you might want to look closely at the cover gasket
          Wonder if the trick of cutting a new cover gasket out of an old milk jug would work better?
          Not what you expect from this forum
          Forum fucktard
          Winner of the Asshole thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Head View Post

Wonder if the trick of cutting a new cover gasket out of an old milk jug would work better?
            Probably... but, I thought the GMA Master used the O.E. Cover gasket???

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Head View Post

Definitely not...
              Pib

Home base: Southern Illinois
              1976 FX "Ralph"
              That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

Comment

GMA is owned by Belt Drives from what I can tell, they told me to send a picture of the guts, sounds like it might be my favorite price!
                It's just cloudy in the MC and the clouds come up from the holes in the bottom. Lid seems okay.
                I do like the idea of driving the piston out with hydraulic pressure.
                An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject!
                When motorcycles are outlawed, only outlaws will have motorcycles.
                Keith

Comment

Working...
                X