How much pedal travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much pedal travel?

There's 2 holes in the bottom of the mc, there's 2 rubber cup washers on the piston, when should the resistance start?

Rebuilt the mc, hoses and hard line replaced, new pads, new backing plate.left the axle and lower bolt loose until brake was actively applied. Bled through several times. Has 10 lb residual valve, adjusters are turned out when the chain was off and square drive slack adjusters were turned out (before chain installation) just before drag was heard. Seems like more pedal travel than id expect. No air in the line as pumping doesn't change the pedal performance.
    An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject!
    When motorcycles are outlawed, only outlaws will have motorcycles.
    Keith

Are you sure you have the right rebuild kit?
    What are you doing with the residual valve?
    My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

I sent Belt Drives Limited (they own GMA) a picture of the guts (red piston) they told me which residual valve to use because it's drum brakes and they said use gma-rbk-2. It's actually blue.
      Keith

Comment

Sent GMA a message about the color change, wanted to make sure I got the right one since the color changed from red to blue. They told me they changed the color to help people know what they have. Maybe that would help you smart wrenchers, but it confused this Ky hillbilly
        Keith

Comment

Working...
        X