Jay Brake is kaput

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Brake is kaput

Stopped in at my indy today to shoot the breeze and to see about a rear brake boomerang for a jay brake caliper. After a little internet sleuthing found out that the company has folded. Maybe as recent as July. And as of yet no one else is offering any material support for parts needed, although it is early yet.
    sigpic
    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ...
    The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." - Thomas Jefferson

Bummer!!
    I love my freedom so i thank GOD and veterans, not politicians!! sweet home Arizona

Comment

Jay Brainard sold his company to Supertrapp years ago. They were never really aggressive with the brand...
      The competition is Performance Machine which became a part of a HUGE conglomerate a short time ago that places their products in a far more visible and salable position.
      Last edited by chopprs; 10-09-2019, 08:16 AM.
      My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

I always thought that JayBrake was a cheaper version of Performance Machine. I run J-B calipers front and rear and have both hand controls of theirs also. With the exception of one of the calipers I have had to do a little machining on each piece to make them right. Which, for the money spent, should not have had to be done. But with that done they have been flawless since. Obviously I never kept up on the state of affairs of the company and became a little slack-jawed upon learning more about them the other day.

I am sending you a PM, Choppers
        Last edited by Hopsing; 10-09-2019, 08:40 AM.
        sigpic
        "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ...
        The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
        X