JayBrakes Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JayBrakes Question

I'm in the process of changing the rear brake from the Banana caliper to a Jaybrake, my question is will the stock 5/8" bore master cylinder work. or do I need to replace it with a 3/4" bore.

Of course it will work! The question is will it work the way you want it to...What caliper are you using?
    Smaller bore master cylinder will supply more pedal travel and less lever effort. Larger bore master cylinder will supplyless pedal travel and more pedal effort.
    3/4 M/C is a common size for a rear caliper. My bet is you will be happy with how it works...
    Last edited by chopprs; 01-08-2020, 01:23 PM.
    My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

I thought a 3/4" master cylinder was used with banana calipers. At least on my 1980 FX it was. I changed to a GMA caliper which recommends a 5/8" master cylinder but it works fine with the 3/4" that was already on the bike.
      Mike
      Central Alabama

sigpic"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Comment

those cast iron mc are 3/4

Comment

I thought the cast iron was 5/8?

Comment

Originally posted by Southside D View Post
            I thought the cast iron was 5/8?
            Nope, the Wagner Lockheed's are 3/4. And I've got a jaybrake on my 81 and would never recommend it to anybody. I've got the 4 piston one, bought it probably 10 yrs ago. It works ok but the damn pads cost a fortune and don't last for shit.
            I hang my hat in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by hersch View Post

Nope, the Wagner Lockheed's are 3/4. And I've got a jaybrake on my 81 and would never recommend it to anybody. I've got the 4 piston one, bought it probably 10 yrs ago. It works ok but the damn pads cost a fortune and don't last for shit.

There are pads from aftermarket companies that work much better and cost like half!
              My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

Originally posted by hersch View Post

I use the factory Wagner mc for my rear JayBrake 4-piston caliper and it has always worked just fine, which is since the real early nineties. I run the same caliper on the front also with great results in stopping power. Pads are not cheap though for sure. Really sucks when I have to replace front and rear at the same time.
                sigpic
                "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ...
                The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X