5/8” bore master for juice drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/8” bore master for juice drum

Morning. I have a 5/8” bore PM rear master cylinder in my stash I’ve been saving.

I’m not particularly keen on the forward control hydraulic brake assembly I tried on my build. I realize it uses a 3/4” bore master (with rpv). I have a 10psi Wilwood rpv to connect inline with the PM master, but will a 5/8 bore master push enough fluid to give me a decent brake with a rear juice drum? Thanks

master-cylinder.jpg
    My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

never seen one of them before looks nice, what size bore?

Comment

Originally posted by Helibee View Post
        Morning. I have a 5/8” bore PM rear master cylinder in my stash I’ve been saving.

I’m not particularly keen on the forward control hydraulic brake assembly I tried on my build. I realize it uses a 3/4” bore master (with rpv). I have a 10psi Wilwood rpv to connect inline with the PM master, but will a 5/8 bore master push enough fluid to give me a decent brake with a rear juice drum? Thanks
        Yes, with only a 5/8 bore master swap, you will need more pedal movement. It will also build higher fluid pressure with the same foot pressure and quite honestly it will give you a more easily controlled brake, the lighter touch adds control.
        I would recommend running hard line for as much as possible with a steel braided flex line to the wheel cylinder. The rubber oem type hose will expand with pressure adding extra pedal travel.
        With a smaller bore master, mostly hard line with a short stainless braid flex hose at the wheel and your pedal will still travel slightly more than an oem system but not much.
        If your drum has a lot of runout and don't fit the shoe linings well and or shoes are not adjusted proper, all bets are off.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X