Help identify part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify part

I have a set of fork clamps I am going to sell. I can’t find any marks on the upper clamp, but the bottom clamp has a circle with what appears to be MF, a “5” and a “48” cast mark. Do you guys know if they are OEM or Aftermarket. I don’t want to try and sell them as OEM if they are not. They came on a 73 flh I bought. Thanks.... Steve

Attached Files

tried some lookin up,,,
    man thats a tough one,,, my money is on AL
    Survivor--SF-2 * SF-3 * SF-4 * SF-8

Comment

I think my nacelle and lower legs are original, but who knows when you buy something that has had 278 owners over the years.

Comment

OEM. There are numbers that precede the -48 if you scrub it off. That probably came off a 49-57 pan, possibly a '55 based on some theories.

Comment

Look underneath Steve, if the stem is welded in the center of the boss it is for a rigid frame, if the boss is oblong and the stem welded off center it is a swing-arm type. That is merely the beginning. Then there are casting codes, location of drilled holes, etc. '73 trees would have a lock plate from the factory as well as a stamped in theft code#. Is there a fork lock hole in the side of the stem?

There are three types up to '54,, then another for 58-59, then '60-64, then several from 65-69, etc.
          Last edited by Rubone; 02-05-2020, 04:52 PM.
          Friends help friends move,
          Real friends help friends move bodies...

Comment

You were right, it has more numbers. 45705-48 and the stem is welded in the center of the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve73FLH View Post
              You were right, it has more numbers. 45705-48 and the stem is welded in the center of the boss.
              So what ya asking for them?
              What kind of man are you, when you would take the food off a starving kids plate, only to give it to a rich man who aint gonna eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunk View Post

So what ya asking for them?
                I haven’t had much luck selling anything here, nobody wants my junk stuff! So I haven’t really thought about what it is worth. I do list stuff here for a few days then off to eBay of no one wants it. Watch the for sale section, I will be listing a new item every week. I have a SU set up now for sale.

Comment

Working...
                X