Difference between 78 and 82 dual flange spoked wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between 78 and 82 dual flange spoked wheel

Except for the flange hole sizes, 5/16 vs 7/16 is there any difference between the 78 and 82 wheels?

Hell.... I thought that was only the rear Wheel vs Front!!! And I guess I don't loose any sleep ...long as the sprocket, or rotor(s) mount is OK.
    BTW My Parts book does Not call out any Difference... but... Might be too old!!!!
    Edit
    Confirmed... my book only calls out '73 to '81

Comment

The early dual flange spoked wheels are interchangeable between front and rear. The later ones, with 5/16 holes, are for 82 and up. Not sure if they are interchangeable but I so not see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Reilly View Post
        The early dual flange spoked wheels are interchangeable between front and rear. The later ones, with 5/16 holes, are for 82 and up. Not sure if they are interchangeable but I so not see why not.
        I see no reason why not either...I guess is my Point.. and I thought the holes were 3/8???
        Now ya got me so Curious that I'm wondering if there was 2 different cast [turbine] 16" wheels????

Comment

I can't see holding a sprocket with 5/16" bolts, but a rotor would be okay. Am I missing the point of the question?

Bill
          sigpic

Comment

i have rebuilt a later rear-hub, it's flanges are offset from the centre off the hub.
            so not interchangeable with front, your rotors (dual disc setup) wont be placed symmetrically, thats ignoring the bolt size difference too.

Comment

Working...
            X