Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B138 cam and R16-2RS inner primary bearings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B138 cam and R16-2RS inner primary bearings...

Can somebody who knows post USA made/Japan made/German made/Polish made bearings manufacturer and part number for these bearings?

I want to buy a few of each, but want NO Chinese stuff...it's getting hard to verify where this shit is from.
    "LAME DOUCHE CANOE"
    "VAGINA"

Heartland Products sells a made in USA Torrington B138 bearing, I think they also have a ebay site. They also make some nice H-D tools.
    http://www.heartlandproducts.net/b-1...r-cam-bearing/
    Do you have the bearing distributor Motion Industries in Canada? If nothing else they have a good website for searching bearing info.
    https://www.motionindustries.com/
    '84 FXE

Comment

B-138 Koyo- made in USA and the only one to use IMO and the bearings will be marked/etched accordingly.

From my cheat sheet

R16, R16-2RS, R16-RS, R16-2zz, R16zz, 77R16, EE9-2RS, KLNJ1-2RS, R16VVC3, are just some of the numbers used for a 1" x 2" x 1/2" deep groove ball bearing.
      Load limits can change dramatically from one manufacturer to another and are hard to get sometimes as well as the ABEC grade.
      I buy old stock where available.
      NDH(New Departure Hyatt) are USA made.
      MRC Japan made R16-2RS
      NSK USA R16VVC3

If wanting new stock, Koyo has the Japan made EE9-2RS, KLNJ1-2RS, R16-2RS version.
      Last edited by racerjim0; 03-14-2021, 09:00 PM.
      Don't build no shit and there won't be no shit
      "It's not me, it's the assholes I run with"
      Let me out of my way
      1984 FLH King OF THE HIGHWAY

Comment

The B138 is currently made in the USA by Koyo, which firm bought Torrington some years ago. I understand your concern. I posted a warning about the Chinese bearings some time ago, when I received one from a (once) trustworthy supplier. I go to some pains to stock the real McCoy.
        As far as the inner primary bearing goes, since it is lightly loaded, I have not worried so much about the Chinese supply, as that has been common for that bearing for some 20 years now.

Jim
        High Point, NC

Comment

I get most of my bearings at Motion Canada., theres one in Winnipeg.

Comment

https://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepart...l-Bearing-6000

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
              I get most of my bearings at Motion Canada., theres one in Winnipeg.
              Good people to deal with.
              Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend. - Camus

Comment

Originally posted by JB in NC View Post
                The B138 is currently made in the USA by Koyo, which firm bought Torrington some years ago. I understand your concern. I posted a warning about the Chinese bearings some time ago, when I received one from a (once) trustworthy supplier. I go to some pains to stock the real McCoy.
                As far as the inner primary bearing goes, since it is lightly loaded, I have not worried so much about the Chinese supply, as that has been common for that bearing for some 20 years now.

Jim
                glad to hear this.

I ended up buying a handful of NOS Torrington B138s back in 05 or so. I should have enough to last me 2 lifetimes of cam changes

Comment

Working...
                X