X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 66glide View Post

What is blue?
    Midrange tension?
    I think they were actually blue/black and considered equal to stock, when stock was new 38 years ago.

Comment

I am very happy to have the problem solved. There is no way I would have thought to back off the adjustment as far as I did. It could very well be the Alto Red friction discs are just thicker than the stock discs that were in there. Whatever the reason the bike is just pleasant to use.

Comment

Originally posted by waltr View Post
        I am very happy to have the problem solved. There is no way I would have thought to back off the adjustment as far as I did. It could very well be the Alto Red friction discs are just thicker than the stock discs that were in there. Whatever the reason the bike is just pleasant to use.
        I just fixed my '84. Tossed the kevlar junk and put my old worn stock fibers back and set it up as I usually do.
        It is now pleasant to shift and find neutral.
        Mine does fall under the lesson of, "if it ain't broke"...
        "LAME DOUCHE CANOE"
        "VAGINA"

Comment

I just wanted to check back and let all know that the shifting and neutral issues I was having are gone. Finding neutral is OK while stopped and a breeze when rolling. Gear noise especially in 3'rd seems excellent. If on PA 2 lane with hills I run 3'rd if I am below 50MPH.

Comment

Working...
          X