neutral switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neutral switch

ok 68 trans cover takes the two wire switch,my case was changed and top cover,has the one wire switch,is the two wire and one wire switch the same threads ,i found both wires ,but the hot wire was hooked up to it making the neutral lite stay on., if ya disconnect neutral lite is off but wont run
    YOUR NUMBER ONE Millstadt Illinois the fucked STATE.

Measure the OD of both threaded ends, if that's the same, see if the threads match. Lay the threads side by side facing each other, if they are the same pitch they should interlock perfectly. I can't help electrically with out a schematic. Good luck.
    sigpic

Comment

well both my wires are black,68 flh,dont have another switch to compare and didnt want to waist the money if the wrong size, light is on all the time ,didnt know if anybody knew if the threads were the same,

Comment

Neutral Switch Solutions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Me...ture=emb_title

Comment

Thought you had one of each.
          sigpic

Comment

No mine has the single pole but book says it needs two post.

Comment

Aah, I thought you had a two post put in where a one post was supposed to be. I guess I didn’t understand your question. Sorry. Post deleted.
              time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas

Comment

You know if you fix that you will have to retrain the brain for when the bike unexpectedly dies and you have to find neutral before you can restart it, versus just pulling in the clutch and pushing the e-start button. No biggy really but sometimes that latter way comes in handy.

I have a two wire switch right here on my cluttered computer desk that you can have if you want it but it is not stock
                It is normally open when the ball is its relaxed state and closes when pressed which is what you need(I think) but this switch was made for something non Harley and has the waterproof Deutch(spell) style connector included with everything needed but a gasket for the switch to shifter lid.
                I think a forum member had a bunch of these and sent it to me years ago.
                IMG_1632.JPG
                Last edited by racerjim0; 06-27-2020, 10:24 PM.
                Don't build no shit and there won't be no shit
                "It's not me, it's the assholes I run with"
                Let me out of my way
                1984 FLH King OF THE HIGHWAY

Comment

I would keep the one wire as is and rewire to do away with the "neutral safety switch" function. Harley did away with it pretty quickly.
                  Benny
                  "The future belongs to those who are still willing to get their hands dirty."

Comment

Hey Benny. Any ideas. Where I would run the other black wire that goes comes from oil switch would go

Comment

I have had problems with the (tang) making contact pushing the switch. With the two wire the starter circuit is ran through the switch so that it will only start in neutral. My bet is the switch wasn't working or not making contact with the tang on the the shifter drum. So the po just fastened the wires to short across the switch so it would start.

Comment

I PUT THE OG ONE I HAD IN A BOX OF PARTS BACK IN ,DIDNT WORK, TESTED GOOD THOUGH, have a new one coming mc nss1 hopefully that does the trick

Comment

Working...
                        X