VTwin 4 speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTwin 4 speeds

Anyone use or have experience with a Taiwan Ted 4-speed? Says made in USA.
    1982 FLH 80"
    2000 FLH 88" (for now)

Originally posted by kink82flh View Post
    Anyone use or have experience with a Taiwan Ted 4-speed? Says made in USA.
    He didn’t get that name from making things here. They MAY have put the shit in the case here.
    time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas

Comment

Gears are "OK" as compared to other Chinese and Taiwan gear sets but the shifter dogs are a definite NO-NO!!! They are most easily described as "made of glass" because they just shatter...
      Personally, I would not and do not use the gear sets. Andrews is really not that expensive when you consider how long they will last.
      My Website: www.amcpchoppers.com

sigpic:

Comment

I've used some of his mufflers. They looked good but were junk.
        1982 FLH 80"
        2000 FLH 88" (for now)

Comment

anytime ya buy something in "good to run " condition...
          its prudent to make sure it is as such...
          his heads like to drop seats...
          so it wouldnt surprise me the trans would be "glasslike" as mentioned..
          every set of s&s heads i ever bought needed tuned up as well..
          better safe than sorry..

Comment

I bought one for my 78 flh.I got about 1500 miles on it and started to have a problem shifting. Drained the oil found all kinds of metal in the oil, ferrous and non-ferrous. Pulled it a part ,some of the loose roller bearings were missing. Took the one I pulled out, which was the oem, and replaced the shifter forks ,reinstalled it , and all is good. I WOULD NOT BUY ONE FROM V-TWIN. Be fore warned.
            http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/b13c999e.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/4ea67aa2.jpg

Comment

With everything I keep hearing about V-Twin how are these guys still in business?
              My mom told me to follow my dreams..........but then they took out AVO's.

Comment

Same way Dragon man is I reckon.

Comment

rotating mass's = force..not the place to skimp
                  Kevin
                  sigpic

"To The Great Northern Retreat, Ye son's of Freedom"
                  CHROMOSEXUAL AND PROUD!!

Comment

Teddy's stuff is like any other distributor. The key to it all is having someone that has the knowledge of what is good to use and what is not. A lot of his stuff is fine, just like all of the rest of them...and some is junk!

sigpic:

Comment

table
                      A....B....C...
                      Pick one
                      all the vendors do it...
                      have been forever.

Comment

Originally posted by chopprs View Post
                        Teddy's stuff is like any other distributor. The key to it all is having someone that has the knowledge of what is good to use and what is not. A lot of his stuff is fine, just like all of the rest of them...and some is junk!
                        True, I personally won’t use ANY critical parts from there. But some of the stuff is the same as CCI or anyone else. I can get a good used trans case and Andrews gears and know I can count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 69FLHARLEY View Post
                          With everything I keep hearing about V-Twin how are these guys still in business?
                          He does sell stuff like reproduction hardware, bits and such that some guys use to keep their old pans, knucks and flatheads running and ridable. There's still demand for that.
                          Not what you expect from this forum
                          Forum fucktard
                          Winner of the Asshole thread...

Comment

Originally posted by chopprs View Post
                            Hence the need ...a real need, for a knowledgeable Indy... or at least access to one..
                            Originally posted by Bone Head View Post

He does sell stuff like reproduction hardware, bits and such that some guys use to keep their old pans, knucks and flatheads running and ridable. There's still demand for that.
                            A Good point.. working on a Mechanical rear drum right now.. Thanks for reminding me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Racepres View Post
                              Hence the need ...a real need, for a knowledgeable Indy... or at least access to one...
                              Actually, that was my point!

Originally posted by Racepres View Post
                              .....A Good point.. working on a Mechanical rear drum right now.. Thanks for reminding me!!!
                              Great stuff like footboard hardware kit for a knuckle and brake shoes for a Pan front brake or a throttle slide for an internal throttle. Teddy has kept thousands and thousands of early OEM part in stock and still has many of them as well as reproduction parts. Some of them are no longer available parts and allow these old bikes to keep going. Ya can't knock him for that!

sigpic:

Comment

Working...
                              X